Diggers Timber Cleaner (Concentrated Oxalic Acid)
Typical Uses:Diggers Timber Cleaner (Concentrated Oxalic Acid) cleans new timber and restores old greying timber prior to oiling, staining and painting.
- Timber cleaning / preparation / restoration.
- Timber bleaching.
- Concentrated formula – makes 4 litres.
- Effective, strong and fast acting.
- Reduces the need for sanding on wooden finishes.
1. Remove excess dirt. Wearing gloves and eye protection, dilute 1 part Diggers Timber Cleaner to 4 parts water. 2. Wet surface with water. Liberally scrub solution onto timber with a scrubbing brush and allow 10-20 minutes to penetrate. If left on timber too long it could cause timber to become “furry”. 3. Rinse timber with fresh water and allow 24-48 hours to dry before painting or staining. Clean up with water.
NOTE: Protect surrounding metal surfaces, paintwork and plants with plastic sheeting or wet first and hose off immediately after use. Diggers Timber Cleaner must be thoroughly removed to avoid possible discolouration under clear finishes. If Diggers Timber Cleaner is not completely removed it may result in timber discolouration. Test on an inconspicuous area before full application to timber for suitability. To test if timber is dry cover the timber with a small piece of plastic wrap. Seal off on the edges with tape. If droplets appear within 2 hours then the timber is not completely dry. Repeat every few days until no droplets appear.
Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye / face protection when using this