A very fast setting two part epoxy adhesive. Initial bonding achieved in 90 seconds with maximum bond strength after 16 hours.
- Araldite is stronger than other glues due to the chemical reaction of the two parts
- Bonds a variety of surfaces
- Dries Clear
- Very quick setting in 90 seconds
- No clamping necessary
- Moderate water resistance
- Forms a rigid, durable bond
- Can be used for gap filling
- Good chemical resistance
- Clear with slight yellow tinge
Where can this product be used?
- General small household repairs
- Fixing gemstones to mounts
- Repairing metal toys
- Not suitable for bonding plastics such as Polypropylene and Polyethylene
- Bond strength weakens above 65 C but strength is regained when temperature drops
What materials is this product suitable for?
- Most Plastics
How to use this product
- Before applying the Araldite mixture, all surfaces MUST be thoroughly clean and dry.
- All traces of grease, rust paint, etc. should be removed.
- For best results smooth surfaces should be roughened by mechanical abrasion after solvent cleaning.
- Onto a clean, disposable surface (e.g. polyethylene or cardboard), dispense equal volumes of Part A and Part B. Thoroughly mix together with a spatula, nail or stick. When using the tubes it is essential to use the correct mixing ratio, i.e. 1 part each
- Apply adhesive immediately to both surfaces and press together. Scrape off excess adhesive and wipe mixing utensils immediately.
- Ensure correct caps are replaced on each tube or they will adhere.
To use Selleys Araldite Singles:
- Fold the pack in half, so that foil is back to back.
- Tear carefully along perforations.
- Squeeze bubbles to extrude adhesive.
- Mix two parts together until well combined.
- Apply mixed adhesive to surfaces and bring together. Wipe off excess adhesive and do not apply undue strain to bond for 30 minutes.
- Note: For information on how to identify plastics refer to the Selleys plastics guide.
- For maximum working time, mix in small quantities. Large quantities accelerate the curing process and reduce working time.
- To extend product life replace caps immediately after use. Ensure you wipe excess from nozzle with a tissue dipped in acetone (or nail polish remover) before replacing cap.
- When using the tube variant, ensure you replace the correct cap on the correct tube. Placing the wrong cap on the wrong tube will cause the tube to harden. (lids and tubes are colour coded to help)
- Wipe off any uncured Araldite with acetone or nail polish remover.
- To remove product after cure, mechanical action (scraping or sanding) is recommended. Since the product is chemically resistant solvent will NOT dissolve this product.
- To reposition the bond once cured, check that the item is heat resistant. If safe, heat the item slowly, e.g. in an oven, to at least 150oC. The product will soften and liquify slightly. Scrape off any excess then reposition the joint carefully using appropriate safety equipment. Allow the item to cool down in the correct position. The product will reharden once returned to room temperature.
- Clamping recommneded for a stronger bond.
- Singles are great for those unexpected household breakages, so keep a couple at home just in case.
- Keep a box of Selleys Sugar Soap Wipes around for quick & effective clean up
- For cleaning surfaces prior to application of adhesive, if the surface is porous, we would recommend using Selleys Liquid Sugar Soap. If the surface is non-porous eg glass or metal, firstly clean the surface with Methylated Spirits. If there is old difficult to remove residue such as cold paint, we recommend using paint stripper such as Selleys Kwik Strip Smart. Ensure the surface is dry before applying the product.
- Avoid contact with the skin and eyes.
- Avoid breathing vapour.
- Do not use solvents near eyes or open wounds.
- In case of contact with eyes, flush with water for at least 15 minutes and seek medical attention.
- Non toxic when set.
Storage and re-use
- Ensure caps are replaced and product stored in a cool dry place.
Fast & Free Postage
Same Day Handling
30 Day Return